Microfracture surgery on the hip

Patient : Got a microfracture done on my hip. Just need some advice on it. Had the operation done 4 weeks ago.
Doctor :   Microfracture surgery was original developed for knee injuries but has now been expanded to involve other joints such as the hip and ankle joints. It is a quick procedure, with a relatively short recovery time and a high rate of success. The principle behind the procedure is the creation of tiny fractures in the bone which results in the growth of new cartilage. The procedure does have some disadvantages in that it is not as effective in overweight persons or who have large areas of cartilage damage as well as the possibility of the return of symptoms within 2 years.