Microgynon: Can I stop halfway through a pack (for 7 days), then continue with the pack after?

Q: I take Microgynon (21 day pack), not for contraception but just to control & lessen periods (because it's a contraceptive pill though I am asking the question in this 'section'). I've been taking it for nearly a year. I'm currently in the middle of a pack (the second in a row), and I am wondering if I can just stop right now for 7 days, then take another one and a half packs after. I normally take two in a row, but I have an event in a couple of weeks that I don't want to be 'on' for, and taking 3 packs in a row feels like too much. Thanks!