Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Microgynon thirty and can I take it continuosly?

Microgynon thirty and can I take it continuosly?

Patient: Can i take the microgynon 30 pill continuiously for two months without a 7 day break? Im going away next month and due to have a period the week i go away! Thanks. Kate x

Doctor: Microgynon is an oral contraceptive pill as you know which is taken one every day for the first 21 days and then a break of 7 days is given so that your hormonal levels decrease and you have your menstrual period. I would generally not advice taking it continuosly unless you are intending to skip a period. This will create a change in hormonal levels in your body and may irregularise your cycles. All the best.