Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Micronor (Norsthiserone)

Micronor (Norsthiserone)

Patient: Hi there,I have recently started taking Micronor; as I asked ther Dr what could best conrtol my mood swings… I have been taking it for 3 weeks now and can still see that my moods are out of control!! One minute I am crying, the next raging mad – I was wondering if this is the best pill for me, or if there is a better; as at the moment my only use is hormones.

Symptoms: As above

Doctor: Hello,Mood swings are a part of progesterone effect and form a part of premenstrual syndrome in general.If microno r is not allowing you to settle on your mood swings and in fact aggravating it then you matches to opt for another low dose oral contraceptive called LOESTRIN-LO which has better compatibility and more control over premenstrual syndrome and mood swings.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards