Mid Back Pain below sholder blades

Q: Pain right side twards the back but not lower back more like middle below the sholder blades(below braw stap line. Comes on and off for a few days not sure why took alive still have. Doing a lot more standing but can't go to doctor not insurance hope you can give some sugestins.

A:    You might be experiencing a mechanical upper back pain, produced by the straining of that segment of the spine, you probably are not stretching adequately before beginning your physical activities and this adds more stress to an affected area not totally healed. The conservative treatment of the upper back pain is basically relative rest of the spinal segment involved, avoiding all the activities that produce pain or discomfort, such as weight lifting. Also very important is the reeducation to keep a good posture at all times. Control of the pain and inflammation with Ice, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), and anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen). Keep a consistent exercise routine with stretching and extension-flexion which may reduce tension and stress to the spinal joints. A home program is developed within the tolerance and ability in order to encourage continued exercise.