Midcycle bleeding am I pregnant

Patient

Q: I went to er mon the 5th was cramping and having midcycle bleeding light, but bright red. I had never experienced this before. first day of last menstrual cycle was 12/22 they ruled out infection etc and did preg test all were negative. in ultrasound they could see I was ovulating or about to.ovulate due to the way the follicle looked. I had unprotected sex the day before. bleeding stopped next day. 5 days later I am spotting lightly again, more of a watery consistency took preg test, negative. what is wrong with me? ive always had a normal menstrual cycle. I am 27 3 pregnancies 2 children

Symptoms:  Cramps, bleeding
Doctor

A:   Hi,
The possible causes of your inter menstrual bleeding are ovulatory bleeding due to hormonal fluctuation, postcoital bleeding due to local abrasions, local causes like cervical erosion etc.
In case, of pregnancy, implantation bleeding can be seen around one week of ovulation.
Urine pregnancy test cannot detect the pregnancy this much early.
So, better to wait till your expected date of periods and if you miss periods, go for urine pregnancy test once.
Take care.