Thanks for your query.
Read and understood your history.
Persistence of the middle ear infection has major reasons:
1. Infection in the sinuses, nose or throat.
2. Infection of the mastoid air cells.
3. Ineffective antibiotics meaning not responding to these particular ones you have been given and supportive medicines.
Since this is already 2 weeks, I would advise you the following:
- Pus to be sent for gram staining, culture and sensitivity.
- Second opinion, preferably of an ENT Surgeon as He is the only one to who can do a clinical evaluation, Endoscopy of the ENT and suggest a proper change in the medicines including the ones for symptomatic relief.
- Reports of the culture after few days will help.
- In addition to the above few things by you would help you more.
Do not blow the nose.
Nasal decongestant drops.
Warm foods and liquids only.
If you still do not get results within 1 more weeks, better to go for CT scan of the Mastoids to know the status as some cases may need mastoidectomy on failure of the medications.
I hope this answer helps you.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.