Migraine Headaches: What are the Associated Signs and Symptoms?

Patient: Hello,I have been dealing with this for over 10 years now. I get a sudden loss of vision (all my vision) and it’s nothing but black that I see. This is accompanied with nausea, I usually struggle to find my way to the bathroom (because my vision is gone) I throw up, then everything starts coming back again and i start feeling better. I just feel confused and a little shaky after. Once I actually passed out, then woke up, threw up and started feeling better. Help. I don’t know where to turn for this. I thought it was anxiety attacks since i have a history of that also. Please help.

Doctor: May I ask if you also have headaches when you have these attacks? Are there any triggers before these attacks? If headac hes and triggers are present before these attacks happen then it seems like you are having migraine headaches, and the nausea and loss of vision you are experiencing could be the aura. I strongly suggest you see a doctor or neurologist for your condition so that other serious underlying conditions may be ruled out. If it is migraine headache, it needs to be officially diagnosed so that triggers can be identified and subsequently avoided, and also preventive medicines may be started. I do hope I have answered your question. Take care always.