Mild fever,shoulder and chest pain, nasal congestion

Patient

Q: Mild fever,shoulder and chest pain, nasal congestion, and extrenely inflammed throat

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query to “Ask the Doctor”

Usually, sore throat infection runs from the throat to larynx to bronchus.
The problem you have stated is suggestive of upper respiratory infection.
The cause of sore throat, most of the time is due to allergy and viral infection, it may sometimes get superadded with bacterial infection.
You have likely contracted a bacterial throat infection called pharyngitis with tonsillitis.
As we are not certain as to what type of bacteria is causing this so we recommend that you have your doctor take a swabbing sample from the back of your throat for laboratory testing.
You will likely be prescribed drug sensitive oral antibiotic medication to treat this infection.
Discuss with your Doctor about prescribing you decongestants, painkillers and nasal drops.

Wish you a good health.