Mild low grade fever since last month

Patient: I am suffering from fever since last whole month.Its between 99 and 100.I dont have any other problem like flu,cough etc but just have headache and weakness now.I had series of tests like typhoid,LFT,UDR etc but they all are normal. Whenever i took panadol,fever goes down but after sometime it reaches between 99 100 again. At night it becomes normal but with the rising day it rises. I got married 4 months back but i am not expecting at the moment.

Doctor: A low-grade fever is said to be 100° F to 102° F (37.8° – 39° C). A common cause in newly wed women is honeymoon cystiti titis or a bladder infection, which usually results in mild, recurrent bladder infections that may produce low grade fevers. Women are usually prone to acquire this because women’s urethra are shorter than men and its easy for the bacteria to ascend to the bladder. Increased amounts of water intake may help flush out (if any) urine infection that could be present. You may want to go for a urine examination, and if necessary antibiotics may help.

View all posts