Mild Natural Gas Poisoning??

Patient

Q: I have been living in a very old four-plex for nine months and within the past month have been experiencing dizziness, lightheadedness, floaters and spots in my vision, ringing in my ears, moderate but frequent sore throats, mild headaches several times a week, nausea 2-3 times a week and fatigue if I spend much time at home. I've made an appointment to see a doctor but was hoping I could get some information before my upcoming appointment. Since January there has been the slight smell of natural gas by my backdoor in my kitchen. My bedroom and kitchen share a door which happens to be near the back door and my bed is situated very near that same bedroom door. I've been doing research and fear that the gas could be the cause of my issues. I am in relatively good health. I meet with a fitness trainer 2-3 times a week and then most of the time do other cardiovascualar exercises at least one other day a week. I'm 32 and have never had a weight problem, I eat a moderately healthy diet, have optimal blood pressure readings and cholesterol levels have always been very good so I can't think of any reason I could be feeling this way other than the 5 months of exposure to the small gas leak. I actually don't even smell it anymore but when I have guests enter through the back door, they ALWAYS comment on it. I'm sure my doctor will be able to help at my upcoming appointment but if I could get some information beforehand, that would be very helpful! Thank you!

Doctor

A:   Natural gas poisoning could lead to these symptoms as far as i am aware, However i would also like to rule out other common conditions like ear issues, heart arrythymias etc which are  more likely to cause the same. Moreover if it is due to the natural gas then the people staying with or around you should also have these symptoms. I hope this helps. All the best.