x
156 Physicians Online

Question:

Mild pain when pressing the top left side of the head

Hello..my name is rahul..i have been suffering from a mild irritating pain on the top left side of my head on pressing it for 6 months or more..there are also clicking sonds when i press and release ,sometimes it hurts for 2 seconds and i feel like pressing it again,my ct scan was normal..please advise me what to do.thank you.

Answer:

Your description may correspond to Neuralgia; this is a sharp pain that follows the area or path supplied by the affected nerve, due to irritation or damage. You are having increased sensitivity of the skin along the path or area of the affected nerve, then any touch or pressure is felt as pain. The goal of the treatment is to reverse or control the cause of the nerve problem (if found), and provide pain relief. Treatment varies depending on the cause, location, and severity of the pain, and other factors. Even if the cause of the neuralgia is never found, the condition may improve on its own or disappear with time.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA