Mild Penile Pain and Erection Difficulty

Patient

Q: I have engaged in masturbation - on average once a day everyday - and usually for a couple hours each time. I've noticed a very slight, dull ache at the base of the penis where it connects to the body. Also, when the penis begins to get erect, the tip starts to get a strange, tingling sensation that doesn't feel good and getting erect/staying erect has become very difficult. Part of it could be nervousness about the condition. No pain when urinating, no fracture or bend, healthy urine stream. Feels like I pulled a muscle. What do you think is the problem and how can I solve it?

Symptoms:  Slight, dull ache in base of penis, strange twitching feeling in nerves of tip, erection difficulty
Doctor

A:   Hi. Welcome to ATD.

Masturbation once a day for two hours everyday may cause trauma to the penis! Please make sure you are gentle enough. About the "strange feeling" on the tip, getting a medical evaluation is a good idea. Your Doctor will be able to opine on the pain too. The erection problem may be caused by nervousness and may be a temporary ED. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED becomes more common as you get older. But it's not a natural part of aging. Some people have trouble speaking with their doctors about sex.

But if you have ED, you should tell your Doctor. ED can be a sign of health problems. It may mean your blood vessels are clogged. It may mean you have nerve damage from diabetes. If you don't see your doctor, these problems will go untreated. Your Doctor can offer several new treatments for ED. For many men, the answer is as simple as taking a pill. Getting more exercise, losing weight, or stopping smoking may also help.

Hope this helps you.