Mild pulmonary hypertension

Q: Hello...
I recently had an echo done due to xray of heart in ER that showed prominent silloute. I had severe anemia 4.5 I was admitted, given blood transfusion and iron therapy now for 3 months...went to ER due to fast heart rate while walking, climbing shortness of breath. Found I have a large fibroid and heavy bleeding caused my anemia. Since treated can walk miles with no fast heart rate more edema in ankles, legs or feet. My question is this after some back ground. I had echo done two weeks ago, and everything normal but moderate mitral valve regurg. Mild Tricuspid regurg. And left atrial mildly enlarged...mild pulmonary hypertension with RSVP at 37. My cardiologist not doing anything but watching and I return in Jan. Is this normal to watch and not medicate? I have been very worried about PH and thoughts of this being death sentence...I have no symptoms at all now since anemia treated....please do I have anything to worry about? BTW...right Atrium, right ventricle all normal stenosis in any valves..EF 55%-60%.

Symptoms:  None

A:   Thank you for your question. Given the fact that you have a normal ejection fraction, without with any severe abnormalities of your heart, and are asymptomatic your cardiologist may be correct to not intervene medically. It is important to closely monitor your heart function with regular visits to your doctor and have a repeat echocardiogram performed in order to assess whether the pulmonary hypertension has resolved. Should you develop any chest pain, shortness of breath, or dizziness, or swelling of your lower extremities (edema) please report this to your doctor to be promptly evaluated as these symptoms may indicated worsening of your mild PH.

Thank you for consulting

Patient: I am supposed to have a hysterectomy, will this be safe with PH?? ...if I truly have it, because I know Right heart catch only true dianosis.