Mild to severe pain between shoulder blades and under breasts

Q: I am 25 year old female and I awoke today experiencing a mild to moderate pain in my back at shoulder blades and bra line, as well as in the band area below my breasts. The pain is causing me discomfort, especially when I try to stand fully erect. The most comfortable position is to lie down, but I still feel the sensation in a mild form. Also, breathing agitates it. It feels like aching, cramping and muscle strain all in one.

A few months ago I experienced this same sensation only the pain then became quite sever. Ibuprofen seemed to offer no relief. I literally couldn't move as the slightest movement would cause the areas I described to produce a severely sharp crippling pain that left me in tears wondering if I should continue to stay in bed or some how get to the ER. After a night of struggling, the pain subsided and I wrote it off as back pain.

Now that the pain is back, I am afraid it will flare up just as it did the first time. I did not do anything strenuous yesterday or on the days prior. I do not understand if this is back pain or a indication that something more serious is going on.

Question: Does this sound like typical back pain or does it sound like something else that I should be seeking medical attention over?