Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Mildly sore or aching hips after dancing.

Mildly sore or aching hips after dancing.

Patient: When I dance for over an hour either in a club or in a zumba session, my hip starts to feel sore the following day & is sore for a day or two. It is mild because I can go on doing regular activities, but it still worries me as it happens every time! What is the matter with my hip?

Symptoms: Mild sore hip/s, aching hip/s

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.The most likely possibility for such pain is muscular pain.Continuous Long hour stress on muscles result in fatigue of muscles and resultant pain.I will advice you to do hot fomentation of the area and apply diclofenac gel.You can share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Take care.