Milroys disease and weight loss

Patient: Hi ther i am wondering if you can help me? My husband is obese he weighs 129.7 kg and has recently found out that he has milroys disease. His viseral fat measures at 22 and i am so worried about his health i myself have lost 7 stone in the last year and am a healthy weight of 70kg he follows the same diet and exercise and has only lost 14kg which is great but he weights goes up and down each week can you please explain about milroys and is this affecting his weight loss? what can he do to loose the weight? hje is becoming less interested in losing weight now as this seems to be putting him down, i just want him to be healthy any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Doctor: Milroy disease is a rare disorder characterized by lower-limb lymphedema. The development of fluid collection in the ext remities may hamper his mobility and his ability to lose weight. Improvement in swelling is usually possible with use of properly fitted compression hosiery and/or bandaging. Since Milroy is an inherited disorder, each child of an individual with Milroy disease has a 50% chance of inheriting the disease.

View all posts