Mind related problem

Q: I am a undergraduate student and i have problem that when i sit for study i see faces of diffrent people in my mind whom met this happens only during my study hours

Symptoms:  Tension ,sadness

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Its difficult to pinpoint the cause with the available information but the common causes could be visual obsessions or distractibility. Obsessions are treated with the help of medicines like fluoxetine or cognitive behavioural therapy. Whereas distractibility is a sign of ADHD and the same needs to be treated with medicines like methylphenidate or Adderall. In both the events, further information will be required like since how long are you having this problem and what reduces the problem and what exacerbates the problem. Further, a detailed mental state examination will also reveal a lot of information.
Do meet your doctor and request for a psychiatry consult.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.