Mirena and dizziness

Patient : Can the Mirena cause headaches and dizziness? I have had it in for about 2 and 1/2 months now and these symptoms started about 2 weeks ago. It is severe and I feel like something is wrong. Can the hormones in the Mirena cause these symptoms?
Doctor :   Headaches and dizziness are common side effects of medications. In my practice, I do not see these symptoms commonly as sociated with Mirena - an intrauterine device used for birth control.  They are more commonly associated with oral medications.  Additionally, the onset of symptoms do not strongly support Mirena as a cause of your headaches and dizziness. I suggest you see your doctor for an evaluation.