Mirena out of place?

Patient

Q: I have endimetriosis and have the mirena (for approx 8 months) to help treat this issue.
For the last Month or two i have had heavy bleeding, lots of discharge (have been given medication for infection), and lots of pain more even wen i move or lift.
I could not find the strings and neither could the doctor. I am to have an ultrasound this week.
My question is, what can happen to my body if its out of place?
What does the doctor do if it is out of place?
And are there any precautions i should b taking in the event that it is out of place to ensure minimal injury?

Symptoms:  Bleeding, white discharge (infection), can't feel strings, pain
Doctor