Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > MIRENA PREGNANCY? I am 17 and unsure if i am pregnant.

MIRENA PREGNANCY? I am 17 and unsure if i am pregnant.

Patient: Im 17 years old and about 10 months ago, i got mirena inserted. i have had sex without a condom for the past 2 months , i missed my peroid last month and i get these weird flutters in my stomach at night, could i be pregnant?

Symptoms: Symptoms: Flutters in belly, always tired, semi sore breasts

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms you have described could be due to premenstrual symptoms rather than ear ly pregnancy. Though they can be a part of early pregnancy symptoms, they are not specific for pregnancy.Do a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. The chances of conceiving with mirena are very minimal.Hope this helped.Regards