Mirena removed 12/12/14 got period 12/15/14 then again 01/0

Patient

Q: Mirena removed 12/12/14 got period 12/15/14 then again 01/09/15 thru 03/13/15 non stop then again 04/21/15 - 04/28/15 then again 05/14/15 and I'm still on my period. I've gone to the obgyn and she said it was normal how long will it take to get regular again. What should I do.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

After removing the intrauterine device it will take some time for regularization of hormonal levels and menstrual cycles.
But this period may vary from person to person.
If irregularity persists, better to go for cyclical use of combined hormonal pills or progesterone tablets for few months to regularize the menstrual cycles.

Take care.