Miscarriage

Patient

Q: If pregnant with twins can the body miscarry just one child

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about miscarriage with a twin pregnancy. Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is probably much higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't even know she's pregnant. Most miscarriages occur because the fetus isn't developing normally.
In the case of twin pregnancies, if one of the fetuses is not developing normally, the body could only miscarry one of the fetuses and continue the pregnancy normally with the other fetus. I hope I cleared your doubt.