Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Miscarriage after 45 days of pregnancy

Miscarriage after 45 days of pregnancy

Patient: Hello doctor,I am a female 28 years old, married.I had missed my periods and after 10 days when I consulted my doctor she said I was pregnant. It was the most happiest moment of my life, but soon after 5 days, I spotted a very small amount of bleeding and so I decided to again consult on which the doctor said it was an early miscarriage..Still I am not having my periods and I still feel all the symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, vomiting etc etc….I have just tested pregnancy through urine test..is it necessary to go for a sonography..

Symptoms: Vomiting, nausea and other symptoms of pregnancy

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is unfortunate that you have had a likely miscarriage. To have a full confirmation, though not necessary, you may opt for an ultrasound to check the uterus cavity for any signs of gestation. This would clear the doubts and put you to ease. Do not worry, there is always a next time and you shall conceive soon.Hope this helped.Regards