Miscarriage And Unprotected Sex Query

Q: Had a miscarriage in early February. It took me about a week and a half for my natural miscarriage to run it's course. I got my first period from March 16-23 and was having unprotected sex throughout the end of the month where he did not pull out. I cannot track my cycle because of the miscarriage. I think that it may be too early to use a pregnancy test. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Nausea at night, random headaches, stomach aches upon waking up, randomly tired, forever hungry, randomly hot and insomnia at night into the early morning

A:   Hi,

After undergoing abortion, it will take some time for the menstrual cycles to regularize.
So, if you ovulated around the ending of March, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
Though you are having some symptoms of pregnancy, as you mentioned, it is early to comment about pregnancy.
So, please wait for your expected date of periods and if you miss the periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once.
Better to start taking folic acid prophylaxis from now onwards.

Take care.