Miscarriage complications

Patient

Q: I had a missed miscarriage, and had it medically managed. 4 weeks later I got my period back but after 10 days of bleeding it was discovered I hadn't passed all the product. Resulting in a suction D&C. I had no bleeding afterwards. 2 weeks after the D&C right on schedule for my period I started bleeding. I has PMS before. Is it possible to get my period back so question

Doctor

A:   Unscheduled bleeding after medical miscarriage is common and should not raise an alarm unless retained products of conception is still present in the uterus. Medications are available to stop and/or regularise the bleeding pattern. Please consult your doctor.