Miscarriage, cysts, fibroids

Patient

Q: I had a golf ball sized blob of tissue come out of my uterus. Negative pregnancy test, when I handked it, it opened into a sac. Tubes are tied. There were a few small blood clots with it. I threw up when I passed it because the pain and cramp were so bad. I took birth control the month before to delay my cycle. Last time sexually active was January 12.

Symptoms:  Passed tissue during period. Bad cramps, heavy bleeding, nausea
Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you underwent tubectomy the possibility of pregnancy is less. Tablets to delay the periods can lead to thickened endometrium, which can lead to pain during menstruation and excessive blood flow.
Sometimes, shed endometrium mixed with blood clots mimics passage of products of conception.
If you want to be sure, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope this helps
Take care.