Miscarriges emergncy.

Patient : My sister is 16 and pregnant she is 23 almost 24 weeks can stress still cause a miscarriage.? If so what is the chance percent of that.?
Symptoms:  Stress
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. There is no documented evidence as to what is the percentage of miscarriage caused due to stress. It depends on the person to person and what is the type and intensity of stress. Both physical and mental stress can cause harmful effects on the mother as well as the growing baby. It may cause a change in blood pressures and lead to pre-eclampsia and eclampsia which is deadly. One must hence avoid stress during pregnancy. Hope this helped. Regards,