Misplaced nerve sensations in arms and legs

Q: I am a 67 year old wf with the following conditions under good control with medication: diabetes; stage 3 kidney disease; high bp and cholesterol.
Three weeks ago I began having odd sensations of nerve tingling and electricity rotating around my arms and legs, mostly on the left side. The strangest thing is I sense the electricity parallel to my arm and in empty space in front of my spine. These episodes happen periodically through day and night and last from three to fifteen minutes. I asked my family doctor if this could be a precursor to something serious. She checked heart and neurological responses which were fine. We shared a laugh and I went home.
The sensation is becoming more intense and frequent as time passes.
do you know what I'm dealing with and if it is of concern