Q: I am 33 weeks pregnant and i had some swabs done in a GUM clinic yesterday. The male nurse said that i had what looked to be an over growth of cells on my cervix covering it which he said are common in pregnant women, women who are on the pill and women in puberty.
He gave it a medical term and i cant remember what the medical term was that he used for it but he said as he wasnt a midwife he couldnt be sure that thats what it was but he told me its nothing to worry about and that i should mention it to my midwife and get her to have a look to be sure.

Could you tell me what the medical term for that sort of condition is so i can find out more on it as it has worried me slightly.