Miss angelique

Patient : Hi there, i did a home test, it reflects 2 lines if you are pregnant or one on the test area....and obviously only one on the control area if its negative I had a faint negative (control) line but it took a while to show too. i am 2 weeks pre-my period and my boobs are swolen and i have period crams... could i be pregnant???
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. At home pregnancy tests may not be as accurate as the tests that are used in your doctors o ffice. In fact, at home pregnancy tests have a documented 'false-negative' rate associated with them printed within the instructions. The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to the fact that you may have become pregnant or due to normal hormonal fluctuations that you may be experiencing. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to be examined and conduct a pregnancy test which will prove for certain whether you are pregnant or not. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com withy our medical question.