Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Misscarriage – Pregnancy test still positive

Misscarriage – Pregnancy test still positive

Patient: I had a D and C on Dec. 22, and a period in jan. from the 17 to the 20th. Last thursday i started what i guess you would call a period, not heavey enough to use anything. it was more of a light brown discharge you could barely see on toiletpaper. I took a pergnancy test yesterday it was positive, im wondering if i may be going threw another misscarriage?

Doctor: I do understand your concern. Pregnancy tests can stay positive upto a month after D&C and does not necessarily indi cate a problem. If your pregnancy test is positive after 3-4 months, it could indicate pregnancy. I would advise that you consult your doctor for a physical examination and blood test for pregnancy.