Missed 1 birth control pill and took generic plan b

Patient

Q: My girlfriend is 15 and I'm 16. two days ago at around two am my girlfriend and I had sex. The day before we had sex she didn't take her birth control pill because she forgot. About 15 seconds into having sex, I felt something come out of my penis and I thought it was semun and I didn't have a condom on so I freaked out. I pulled out right away. Then yesterday, about 20 hours later after having unprotected sex I went to Wal-Mart and bought her the generic plan b pill from walmart. She was a virgin and so was I but I really am scared that we might have a child. Is it possible for her to still get pregnant after missing 1 birth control pill and me giving her the generic plan b pill? And also about 1 hr and 45 mins after taking the pull she said she threw up.

Symptoms:  Nausea
Doctor

A:   Hi,
To achieve complete protection from the pills, they should be taken as per the schedule.
As she missed one pill, complete protection from pills cannot be expected.
Usually emergency pill can give around 90% protection if taken within 24 hours of intercourse.
Usually to expect complete protection from the pill it should travel through digestive tract for around five hours.
So, wait till her expected date of delivery.
If she miss her period, go for urine pregnancy test once.
If future if she miss one pill in regular contraceptive pills, by taking that pill in next 24 hours, she can have complete protection.
Take care.