Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed 4 pills, took 4 then had unprotected sex

Missed 4 pills, took 4 then had unprotected sex

Patient: I haven’t had a period for 2 years, I missed my pill for 4 days and then took 4 at once and had unprotected sex, will I be okay?

Symptoms: none

Doctor: Thank you for your question! It looks like you have been taking birth control pills for lasttwo years .i.e. the active pills because of which you are not having the period.Is it right? When 4 pills are missed then the birth control pills may or may notprovide complete contraception depending on the phase of the menstrual cyclethey were missed. It is suggested, that just to be on safer side opt for plan B medication(i.e. morning after pill) within 72 hours of the unprotected sexual intercourse.Hope that answers your query. Have a Good day.