Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Missed Birth Control

Missed Birth Control

Patient: My girlfriend threw up her 2nd to last active birth control pill about an hour after she took it. She took her one the next day as scheduled but has no more active pills so she couldn’t take two the next day.. We last had sex on Saturday unprotected and she threw up on monday night. Does she have to take plan B or what should she do?

Symptoms: Vomitting

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,As you had sex 2 days prior to the missed active pill , which was again the 2nd last pill among active pills, it is guaranteed that she remained protected at the time of intercourse and that ovulation didn’t occur during this cycle ( mid cycle), when she has been regular with her pills, so there is in fact no requirement of a PLAN B at all and she can continue her sugar pills as scheduled for next 7 days. She would get a withdrawal bleed on time and once the bleed occurs it shall further confirm that there was no pregnancy at all.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you safe sexual practice,Regards

View all posts