Missed birth control pill

Patient

Q: Hi Dr.,
I have taken Goodova tablet from 2 nd day of periods as suggested by my doctor, but I missed to take it on 5th day, is it okay or should i take 2 pills on 6th day(today)?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Birth control pills should be taken regularly latest to start from day 5 of the menstrual cycle and taken till day 25 of the cycle. Since you say you missed the tablet, take the tablet as soon as you remember and the next tablet should be taken as per schedule. This time you can take two tablets today. It shouldn’t cause any problems. For the next seven days, just as a precaution use protected safe sex to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.