Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed birth control pills, what is the next management?

Missed birth control pills, what is the next management?

Patient: Hi doctor, I miSsed my pill for three days and on the fourth day when iremembered I started spotting so I went online to the websites my birth control and it said to take 2 pills a day until I catch up and. MnowI’m on the fifth day and I basically have. My period. I have cramps back pain the usual when I have my period except I still have another week of pills before I’m supposed to get my period. Am I going to get it twice now? Is there a chance that these are symptoms of being pregnant

Doctor: Because you missed your pills you are now experiencing an early period. I would suggest to stop taking the pills and vis it your OB Gyn doctor for consultation. Your doctor may start you on new pills and also ask you to use additional methods of protection.