Missed Cerazette pill.

Q: Hi, I have been on the contraceptive pill cerazette for a couple of months. I take my pill every evening about 7.30 pm. On the Wednesday morning, i had sex and then forgot to take Wednesday nights pill. I took both the pill i had missed and Thursday pill together on Thursday night. Was i covered by Tuesday nights pill when i had sex wednesday morning or am i still at risk of pregnancy because i missed wednesday night pull. Also... i took levonelle 48 hours after having sex on friday morning. Is there much risk of pregnancy?

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that the measures you have taken to prevent pregnancy due to your missed oral contraceptive pill were adequate at preventing pregnancy.Your oral contraceptives efficacy can last for up to 24 hours after it is taken, and the fact you took your dosage shortly after, your risk of becoming pregnant is very low. Furthermore, you also took emergency contraceptive Levonelle 48 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse. This emergency contraceptive is effective for up to 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse. This also decreases your risk of becoming pregnant. We hope this help.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com