Missed Cerelle mini pill, unprotected sex

Patient

Q: I started Cerelle mini pill almost 2 months ago, this month I got my period normal time, but I've been on it for over 3 weeks! (Usually only lasts 5 days , but it's a lot lighter than usual. This time of month is usually my most fertile).
On Saturday, me and my bf had unprotected sex a few times, but that night I forgot my pill (usually take it at 8pm) and took it around 12pm on Sunday... But on Sunday we completely forgot about me missing the pill the day before and ended up having unprotected sex again.
Given that I'm still on a very light period, and only missed one pill, is there a chance I could be pregnant and is it worthgetting b plan pill to be on the safe side? Thanks

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. If the missed pill is less than 12 hours late, your contraceptive protection should not be affected. If the missed pill is more than 12 hours late, contraceptive cover may be reduced and and the use of other forms of protection like condoms is advised. By your description, your were late by 16 hours. It is possible that the contraceptive protection would not have been severely affected and you would not become pregnant. If you have not done so, take your contraceptive pill immediately to re-establish protection against pregnancy.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com