Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed last two active pills

Missed last two active pills

Patient: So last month i accidentally missed the last two days of active pills but i got my period, then started a new pack on the last day of my period. Does that mean for this month I am fully protected since I started them on my period, or no because I missed two pills? Because I had sex the next day and the condom broke but he pulled out… so Im just wondering if there is a big change of me becoming pregnant, thank you!

Doctor: You are protected because usually the last 7 days of the pills contain only vitamins and no hormones. Since you have sta rted a new pack on the last day of your periods there is little chance for pregnancy.