Missed Menstrual Cycle. Am I pregnant?

Q: I'm a week late for my period. Should I get a pregnancy test or wait another week? I'm experiencing 'symptoms' like stomach cramp and bowl problems but I do suffer from anxiety. I have read that stress can cause a women to have a late period, but is one week long enough?

Symptoms:  Missed Menstrual Cycle, Stomach Cramps, Mood Swings, Boobs are not sore like they usually are before a period

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
As you mentioned stress and strain can affect the menstrual cycles.
If you are having history of previous regular periods and unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, better to go for urine pregnancy test now.
If the test gives a negative result, you can go for tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your Doctor's advice.

Hope this helps.
Take care.