Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed Period and Light Spotting

Missed Period and Light Spotting

Patient: I have had very light spotting of blood but i am 2 weeks late for my period but today i started having very light spotting again i am always regular with my periods though what does this mean ?

Doctor: I would advise simple observation in your case. You may need to do a home pregnancy test to determine that you are not p regnant since you’re 2 weeks late into your period. Most cases of spotting are idiopathic (meaning no identifiable cause can be found). Most common factors can include stress, poor diet, anovulatory period, anemia and thyroid disorder. I would recommend seeing your doctor if the bleeding continues into the next period.  wish you well, take care.