Missed period and not sexually active

Patient : I got my period when i was 12 and am now 20. my periods always fluctuate and can occur from 2 weeks to 3 months at most. its now been 4 months since my last period, i am a virgin and have not have any change to weight, or diet. should i be concerned about this?
Doctor :   Yes you need to visit your doctor who will carry out a few tests...blood tests and an Ultrasound exam. If you are overw eight you could be suffering from a condition called PCOD . Don't worry it is treatable but requires some lifestyle changes and possibly regular medication.

Related Q&A

Q: Why am I having a period again if I'm on nexplanon and estrogen pills ( I have had nexplanon 6 months and estrogen 3 ...

Q: Hi I had a medical termination almost 10 weeks ago and have still not had a period. The termination period wasn't th...

Q: Hello i had my last periods on 15 september i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend but he did not ejaculated in me,i...

Q: Hello, I am 18 year's old. I have some questions about my periods. I have Irregular periods.. these are the lenghts o...

Q: Sir I have got a answer that mensovit plus is use for delay of period but i have a doubt that the period will come re...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon