Missed period for a few months, Am i pregnant?

Patient

Q: 39 days late for period, I last had it on oct 1 and now it's dec 6. Negative urine pregnancy tests, never been irregular. Feels like it's not going to come anytime soon. I'm 20 and nothing is new with my diet and i'm not taking any medicine. What's going on with my body?

Symptoms:  No period, fatigue
Doctor

A:   Hi,
I understand your concern. Irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
As you excluded dietary changes and medicines the other possible causes are gonadal hormonal imbalance due polycystic ovary disease, stress and strain, thyroid hormonal abnormality, prolactin level abnormalities, general conditions like anemia etc.
As urine pregnancy test kits gave negative results even 39 days after expected date of periods, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated to find out the cause for delayed periods.
Ultrasound, thyroid and gonadal hormonal profile, prolactin, hemoglobin levels etc investigations can help in finding out the problem.
Take care.