Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed period for two days…but -ve result

Missed period for two days…but -ve result

Patient: I missed my period for two days…but i got a – ve in test .

Symptoms: I have lower backache and painful tender breast and constipation

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal.So, better to wait for few more days.Low backache and painful tender breasts etc can be seen in the premenstrual phase and also in early pregnancy, so it is difficult to come to a conclusion regarding the pregnancy depending on the symptoms only.Usually, urine pregnancy test kit can give an accurate result after one week of missed period.If you do not get periods even after one week, please repeat the urine pregnancy test.If the test gives a negative result, please consult your doctor and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.Take care