Missed Period in January and trying to Conceive

Patient: My boyfriend and I have been trying for awhile to have a baby. I was suppose to have my menstrual period on the 14th of january, however, it never came. I took a HPT but it came out negative. Is it possible that I wasnt far enough along for it to detect the Hcg levels?

Doctor: The standard HCG home pregnancy test becomes positive roughly 2 weeks after conception and the blood test given by a doc tor give us results as early as 9 to 12 days after you conceive.Since you missed your last period and you were trying to have a baby, it is recommended that you visit your physician to get a pregnancy blood test and make sure that you are already in a pre-natal state. I would also like to suggest you to start taking Vitamins/Minerals supplements especially containing Folate and iron; these are recommended even up to 3 months before getting pregnant.