Missed period, negative test

Q: Hello, my first day of last period was 28.01.2015. one week ago I did pregnancy test, but it was negative. My breast is very sensitive, and I feel always tired. Could you please advice me anything? Thank you.

Symptoms:  No period

A:   Hi,

I understand your concern. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like polycystic ovary disease, stress and strain, lifestyle changes leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
Breast tenderness, tiredness etc symptoms can be seen in early pregnancy and also in premenstrual phase.
So, just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy.
As your urine pregnancy test kit gave a negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc. With this work up, the possible cause of your delayed periods can be identified and treated.

Take care.