Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Missed period sexually active

Missed period sexually active

Patient: I STOPPED TAKING BIRTH CONTROL THREE MONTHS AGO.. I HAD TWO REGULAR PERIODS. THIS MONTH I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE IT BY THE 7TH AND NOTHING. IVE HAD PERIOD LIKE CRAMPS BUT AFRAID OF BEING PREGNANT. I TOOK A TEST A LITTLE OVER A WEEK AGO AND IT WAS NEGATIVE.

Symptoms: MISSED PERIOD

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are not using any birth control, the possibility of pre gnancy cannot be ruled out.But just with the symptoms we cannot come to a conclusion about this, symptoms of early pregnancy can mimic symptoms of premenstrual phase.To get an accurate result better to do the urine pregnancy test one week after missed period.Take care.