Missed period, slight cramping, tender breasts

Patient

Q: I had the flu about a month ago, and also had sex about that time, I was protected. My period is now 5 days late, could it be from the flu?

Symptoms:  Missed period
Doctor

If you had protected intercourse last month and during the flu , then it is unlikely that you would be pregnant even you have missed your periods by 5 days now. however it is better that you get a urine pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy to allay your anxiety.
Th delay can be due to stress induced by illness during the month which can cause hormonal imbalances and a possible delay in menses. I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards