Missed period with negative blood test

Patient

Q: Hi, I did IUI on January 20 and took duphaston for 13 days, missed my period for 5 days , negative blood test and a lot of water discharge and back pain, is there any possibility for pregnancy or this is due to duphaston, thanks.

Symptoms:  Missed period, back pain, water discharge
Doctor

Thanks for the query
Duphaston does cause a delay in cycles as it is a hormonal preparation bound to causes changes in the menstrual hormones. Since the blood test has been negative for pregnancy, the symptoms you have explained could mostly be due to the medication.Suggest you to wait for one more week for your cycles to come. Maybe the symptoms are a part of premenstrual symptoms as well.In case, your periods do not come by a week, repeat the pregnancy test and consult your gynecologist for further steps
Hope this helped.